What are the co.uk Domain Name Registration Requirements?
By James Flarakos | November 25, 2021
Table of Contents
When it comes to.co.uk domain name registration, there are some requirements you must fulfil to register a domain. Unlike buying a cheap .com domain name for just $5.99 at SeekaHost, which anyone can register, you must be a UK resident with an UK address or run a UK business entity in order to register a .co.uk domain.
In this guide we will explain everything you need to know for .co.uk domain registration requirements and how to easily buy a cheap .co.uk domain for just £3.65 with SeekaHost.app
The co.uk is a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom and managed by Nominet registry.
The .uk domain is one of the oldest and most used domains worldwide with over 11 million registrations since the first one in 1985. Such a ccTLD is popular among Brits and it will immediately brand your website as 100% British.
That’s why SeekaHost offers .co.uk domain name registrations for as little as £3.65 to help anyone in the UK get a domain name of their choice at a very small price with a British ccTLD perfect for UK based webmasters.
And SeekaHost doesn’t stop there. The renewal charges for the domain name are only £12. With such affordable rates any UK customer can grow their .co.uk websites in the long term and scale them, if they want to build and grow more websites for the UK market.
Don’t miss out on this bargain, especially because popular new .co.uk domain names can cost up to £30 with certain providers and some expired .co.uk domain names can cost hundreds to thousands of pounds.
How to register a co.uk Domain Name with SeekaHost?
- To register your co.uk domain name via the seekahost.app, search for your domain name and its availability in the domain registration search bar with the extension.
- Once you have selected your preferred .co.uk domain, add it to the cart and go to checkout.
Please note the following key points:
- Nominet discontinued the contact privacy service on all UK TLDs. Therefore, the contact privacy option is not available for .co.uk TLD.
- Auto renewal option is available. If your domain needs to renew automatically check the auto renewal option (recommended).
- Fill out the UK TLDs additional requirements.
Some ccTLDs require additional information for domain registration. UK TLDs require the following information:
Registrant Type – required
Trading Name – (required based on registrant type)
Registration Number – (required based on registrant type)
- Update the contact information (personal/company/billing)
Please note the following key points:
- To register a .co.uk domain a specific residency is NOT required. However, the .uk domain has specific residency requirements (e.g., the registrant’s address must be within the UK). But the co.uk domain registration does not have such requirements. Therefore, anyone can register this second level domain.
- Personal information will be the domain registrant information. Therefore, make sure to provide valid contact information. e.g., address 1 must contain valid characters and providing only numbers will be invalid.
- Make the payment.
After the payment for your purchased .co.uk domain has successfully been processed, go to Domains in theside menu and check your domain status is “Active”.
If the domain status shows “Processing”. please contact the support team for more information.
If the domain status shows “Waiting”, please retry the domain registration with valid information (contact/additional information).
Until the domain status is “Active” your .co.uk domain is not owned by the registrar. Therefore, to avoid a failed domain registration make sure to provide valid information (contact/additional/payment) during the checkout as listed above.
- Registrant verification email.
Nominent (UK registry) will only sent a registrant verification email to a registrant when the domain registry could not be verified or if the given contact information could not be found anywhere (Nominent uses third party sources to verify the registrant information). Otherwise, registrants will not get any registrant verification emails from Nominent directly, which means it’s already verified.
We hope you are now clear about all the requirements to consider when registering a .uk or .co.uk domain name with SeekaHost. The SeekaHost support team are available in the live chat or via the support ticket system to assist you further.